Saturday, April 5, 2008

How DUMB I am!

Yes I am dumb, naive or just don't care to know what "TRANSSEXUAL" is until this issue of Thomas Beatie, I bet almost every body in the world already know about the story of THOMAS BEATIE, I first saw his picture in one blog, forgot who's blog is that, didn't even care to read coz I thought its just a joke and I know its so impossible to happen.
Then they show it in OPRAH but I can't concentrate watching it, I don't know why, my mind is busy of something. When hubby came home I told him about a pregnant man and he told me that his not a man, actually hes born female and underwent reassignment to became a man, hes TRANSSEXUAL, I don't understand it. Whats TRANSSEXUAL or TRANS-GENDER, I finally have time to research about it and now I understand it, dumb me!
Well in Thomas Beatie's case, he was born female as Tracy LaGondino and fell inlove with his wife now, he underwent reassignment because same sex marriages is not allowed here in Hawaii. Beatie had testosterone therapy and chest reconstruction surgery, but retained his female genitalia.I think theres nothing wrong with his pregnancy because he's still a FEMALE by birth and retain his female genitals, a bit weird but thats their choice.



Thomas Beatie Quotes:
1. "I have a very stable male gender identity. I see pregnancy as a process, and it doesn't define who I am. It's not a male or female desire to want to have a child…it's a human desire," he says. "I'm a person, and I have the right to have my own biological child."
2. "I started to grow breasts, and it was kind of a shock to me because I didn't have my mother around, I was just used to catching footballs and balls, and so it hurt. I just kind of thought, 'What's my body going through? Is it betraying me"
3. "I'm a masculine person, and I preferred wearing clothes that made me feel comfortable. It wasn't something that I analyzed. I woke up in the morning and decided, 'This is what I want to wear today.' Over time, people started calling me 'sir,' and that was an interesting concept to me."

Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Subscribe


RSS Feed (xml)