Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Big Bird

It's been awhile that my other half is asking me to deep fried the turkey for thanksgiving. But the deep frying disaster that I heard and read makes me scared trying it, since I am fully in charge in our kitchen (he can't touch even our grill =) ).
Last year I supposed to deep fry it but then I get scared, I even remember that I bought peanut oil last year. But then the turkey end up inside the oven.
I have made my assignments and read a lot about deep fried turkey. I'm a little bit scared that I might burnt the turkey skin or over cook it since I saw a whole lot of very dark skin turkey photos online. I don't have thermometer for the oil, just my guts feeling and fingers cross. I just follow the 3 pounds per minute so I have to cook my turkey for 45-50 minutes.
My husband makes me feel scared and nervous, he is skeptical that I can make it. He said I better make it RIGHT cause Thanksgivings is just once a year occasion. Look at my turkey, doesn't it look perfectly cook. I cook the back side down first for 35 minutes and 15 minutes for the breast and it came out so moist and yummy. I brine it for 12 hours breast down.
* It's immersed in oil but I make it a point the some part of the breast is sticking out the oil, this will prevent the breast from getting over cooked and dry.

post signature

Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Subscribe


RSS Feed (xml)