Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Thanks person for the cook book you gave me from New Mexico. This is one of the good recipe I found. I love it because it calls for carrots and apple, I think it's healthy. I just made cream cheese frosting because the big guy said it's not sweet enough. he likes it with frosting, I should say it came out good. This is called "Morning Glory Muffins" but I made cupcakes and in square cake pan. It has raisins, nuts, carrots, apple, coconut so I will make fresh ones to bring to our next hike.

Ingredients:
2 c flour
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c sugar (+1/2 c brown sugar if you will not do frosting)
2 c grated carrots
1 c raisins
1/2 c sweetened shredded coconut (optional)
1 c chopped pecans (walnut will do)
1 apple-cored, peeled and chopped
3 eggs
1 c oil
2tsp vanilla

.Sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
.Add carrots, raisins, coconuts, pecans, apple and sugar.
.In a small bowl, beat eggs together and add oil and vanilla
.Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and stir until well blended
.Pour into muffin tins and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and tops springs back when touched.

Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Subscribe


RSS Feed (xml)